Touring skins – how to remove them in strong winds
how to remove them in strong winds
To stow away the climbing skins safely at the summit even in strong winds, it is recommended to pay attention to a few things:
- If possible, go to the leeward side or into a wind-reverse trough before you start to pull off the skins. If this is not possible, put the climbing skis on the ground and carry out all the following steps as close to the ground as possible, as the wind usually blows a little weaker closer to the ground
- Always turn your back to the wind
- Place the ski with the binding down in the snow
- Half pull off the ski skin from the tail and put the net on. Then remove the climbing skin completely and fold it over to the other side of the net (adhesive surface – net – adhesive surface)
- Remove the second skin in the same way. Important: Do not leave any objects unsecured, strong winds can blow them away. Always stow nets, skin bags, etc. in your backpack or jacket, even while removing the climbing skins!
everything you always wanted to know about gear
Ski touring skins – tips & tricks for “mounting and pulling off”
Ski touring skins tips & tricks for “mounting and pulling off” Putting on and taking off of the climbing skins should be mastered in all weather conditions. Strong winds, massive …
Ski touring skins – what to do with sticky snow?
Ski touring skins what to do with sticky snow? Moisture causes snow to stick to the base of the climbing skin. It is therefore essential to avoid “wetting” the skin …
Are you well prepared?